Organic Hazelnut Oil
Health Benefits of Hazelnuts
Nuts in general are considered healthy because they contain a healthy combination of natural fats. Hazelnuts help lower cholesterol levels. They’re also a good source of dietary fiber, which can promote healthy digestion, and deliver about a third of the daily requirement for folate in one serving, which is important for women of childbearing age.
They are rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium. Copper and manganese are essential . Iron helps prevent microcytic-anemia. Magnesium and phosphorus are important components of bone metabolism.
Hazelnut oil has nutty aroma and has excellent astringent properties. It helps keep skin well protected from dryness. The oil has also been used in cooking, and as “carrier or base oil” in traditional medicines in massage therapy, aromatherapy, in pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry.
Hazelnut Oil’s Benefit to the Skin
Hazelnut oil has been used for oily skin and minimizing the size of pores because of its unique properties. A high content of catching and tannins (healthy flavonoids) make this oil a “dry” oil that feels smooth and toning on the skin. Its properties help balance oils and make your pores appear smaller.
Other benefits include:
- Hydrating: Even though the oil helps absorb and balance oil), it also has a lot of natural fats that help moisturize the skin, leaving it soft and plump, while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Yet it never feels greasy.
- Antioxidant protection: Wearing natural antioxidants like hazelnut oil can give your skin the extra protection it needs from environmental stressors.
- Color-retaining: Hazelnut has been used in many hair care formulas to help preserve color for a longer period of time. The oil also helps strengthen and condition the hair strands, so they can recover from chemical treatments.
- Gentle: Hazelnut is perfect for sensitive skin, as it is a gentle oil that is unlikely to irritate.
- Rejuvenating: Because of all the nutrients, flavonoids, and antioxidants, hazelnut can rejuvenate your look. Over time, regular use will help your skin appear more youthful and vibrant.